Monday, November 10, 2008

Gilmore Girls

It's November 11th.  In three months, I will be 22.  Pretty neat stuff.

This week is my last week of full teaching.  Today, I introduced traditional multiplication to my 4th graders.  They freaked out.  Had all of these questions of "why this and why not that" and after teaching it 4 times today, I'm exhausted.  I have learned the beauty of not having to talk.  And PTA luncheons.  And nights when there are not any papers to grade.

Last weekend, I went to Dallas.  I went to the Symphony on Friday night.  Absolutely beautiful.  The Myerson is beautiful and the fact that I got to get dressed up. Perfection.  Then Tinsley came in on Saturday and we went to Northpark.  Shopped, had dinner and hit up lower Greenville for Justin's birthday.  It was fun.  AND I did NOT get lost on the way home! It was such a weird situation.  I have my dad on speed dial for a reason.  To help me find where I am in Dallas.  

I have 9 days left of teaching for my internship this semester.  It is definitely bitter-sweet.  I absolutely adore each and every one of my kids (remember there are 80. Lots of names.  Lots of personality. Lots of ridiculousness).  But it will be great not having to leave my house at 7 in the morning and getting home around 4.  I have been stretched further than I have ever thought I would this semester.  So many unique situations have happened this year.  My eyes have really opened up to different teaching ventures once May rolls around.  I think it would be incredible to teach overseas.  Finding teaching positions is the tricky part. But I think it would be incredible.

No comments: