Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis the Season to be Jolly, Fa La La La

Today is the big day that Baylor plays Texas Tech at the Cowboys stadium. I'm praying for a miracle, that somehow the worlds shift and we are able to win. I know that we don't have a great track record this year but crazier things have happen so we shall see!

I'm enjoying my last few days from my week long hiatus from being Miss Chambers. I didn't realize how badly I needed a break from my ongoing marathon I have been running since May. After my kidney stone episode, I started at the Y then finished my last day by performing my legendary "dance off" routine for the job offer at Christie and the following Monday started learning about the ins and outs of being a fourth grade teacher. It has been quite a year, probably the craziest one thus far.

Shay and I are all moved into our swanky apartment. Last night, we decorated our Christmas tree with ornaments and lights. A Christmas party will be planned in the near future so get excited! I love our little apartment. It's cozy and comfortable, two essential ingredients needed for those long Mondays or CBA days. (CBA = Curriculum Based Assessments, 4th grade tests).

Before we know it, it's going to be December 1st. I have been reflecting from this entire year and have realized what a big year it has really been. In a way, I feel like I was shot out of a cannon up into the "real world" not knowing what to expect or what was going to happen, hoping that I would crash back down to earth with failure. This year has definitely not been easy, it's been uncomfortable, awkward and different; all three things that can leave any 22 year old wondering "what AM I doing?!?" haha. But beyond all of the awkwardness, there has been blessing laced through that has made everything else wonderful.

There has been so many milestones that have happened that I wish I had written them all down. Some of the milestones that come to mind are....

*Turning 23 (birthdays are always milestones, another year older and another year wiser!)
*Graduating (my diploma is still in the green tube. I should hang it up but haven't gotten around to it).
*4 different jobs (SLC, YMCA, J Crew, 4th Grade Teacher) My 2nd and 4th have probably been my favorite :) )
*Moving twice (from Waco to Plano, from Plano to Dallas)
*Running a 5K (true story. My dad and I ran it together this fall for the Frisco Education Foundation).
*Jobs Fairs Gallore
*Visiting schools (don't even want to remember how many I went to, too many to seem sane)
*Interviews (which are not as scary as I had imagined. If you all for the dream that you want to pursue, all you need is someone to listen to your passion!).
*Parent Teacher Conferences : feat in itself. soo many parents and sooo many questions that day. I hadn't realize that not only do I have 17 children to teach but also 17 sets of parents that worry about their precious little one and want to make sure that they are given every opportunity possible to strive for excellence.

1 comment:

laura said...

You remembered your password! Yay!

Great post, wonderfully written. :)

I'm going to the Baylor/Tech game! I'll cheeer extra loud for you.

And one more thing: aren't you 22, not 23?