Monday, September 14, 2009

Love Love Love

Wow! It's September 14th. Insane. Time for some life updates.

It's been such a transition season. It started this summer and has carried into the fall. Figuring out life after graduation still has some sticky areas. The new quest is: how do you meet people your own age? By not being a student any longer (although I believe that teachers are life long students), it's more rare to meet someone that is your age. I've been going to Sunday school classes geared towards the yuppies out there. So far, it's been wonderful!! Loving Jesus is always a great thing.

Speaking of Jesus, we had a Jesus moment today in class. When we were in writing, my kids and I had a discussion about what different topics you can write about for your stories. One of my students says, "Miss Chambers, do you ever wonder if someone out there is writing your story about your life?" Then one of my sweet boys goes, "Miss Chambers, God writes our story. It's like we are in a reality TV show but for our whole life." At that moment, I couldn't say, "Yes, you're right. God does know our story" but smiled at my student, felt that tingle in my heart why I adore kids so much and continue my lesson.

I am truly blessed beyond my greatest imagination with my career. Every day, something else unfolds beautifully and I thank God for giving me this opportunity to live my dream. I love standing at my door every morning and my kiddos come in with their stories. It's the best job, hands down. Harder than anything I have ever anticipated but absolutely blissful. Is blissful even a word? Who knows, haha.

Check this out.
http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/Christie_4th/index.cfm?subpage=990059

It's in the works but it's my fourth grade website that I have been elected to work on. Haha, you can even search me under the staff directory for Frisco. Holla

2 comments:

laura said...

So cool Claire! Glad you are having a great first year so far. Love the website! It's cute. Do the kids use it for class?

ChristyDelaine said...

yay for teaching!