Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dreams DO Come True

Hello, bloggers and bloggerettes.

It has been a little over two weeks since my last entry and sooo much has happened since then. I don't know where to begin.

First off, I'm officially a fourth grade teacher! Insane, huh?! I'm teaching at Christie Elementary in Frisco ISD. I absolutely love it. During the job search marathon, I have a list of hopes of want I wanted my "perfect" school to entail in the back of mind. The type of school, the team that I would be working on, the students that were going to be coming into my classroom, etc. The Lord has far exceeded my greatest desires in ways I'm still trying to wrap my mind around.

Christie is the only Tier One school in Frisco ISD, meaning that our kids have low socio-economic profiles/may have free and reduced lunches/etc. In each grade level, there is a couple of bilingual teachers that teach our bilingual learners that we bus in from neighboring cities. I love the characteristics of a Tier One school. In my heart, this is where I need furfill my teaching role, to kiddos that not only need the knowledge but also the love that they might not be getting at home.

My class is filled with 17 sweet fourth grade students. They are spunky, witty and chatty. I teach them math, science, writing and spelling and they go to another teacher for reading/social studies. I love having my own kids during the majority of the day. And I love the fact that I don't have to teach Texas History. It's a dream come true! I can't wait to get to know my kids this year. I love them already.

Being a "real" teacher is far more stressful than anything that I have been trying to anticipate. There are constant meetings, emails to be read, curriculum to learn and children to teach. I start my days waking up at 5:30am and leaving the house around 6:45am, get to school, do my teacher thing and leave around 5ish. It's a crazy life but I love it. Thank you for all of your prayers.

My 4th grade teacher was right. When you do put your mind to something, anything is possible.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Love it! So glad our careers are finally here! :-) Proud of all your hard work!!

ChristyDelaine said...

Yay! I am so happy for you Claire--teaching is exhausting-- I agree, but I surprisingly really like it!