Thursday, September 4, 2008

J'Adore La Clase De Quatre

Since I never see anyone these days, I am going to keep writing on my blog so if you are interested, you can read bits and pieces of what I am up to.  It's pretty rad.

Tonight I had my ESL class.  It's really interesting.  Goodness in a class for sure, kind of how my Social Issues in Education class was last Spring.  For the class, we have to tutor through the LEAF program with children who don't have English as their first language.  I feel like this will give me an opportunity to get my feet wet in teaching non-english speaking children and seeing if I am a fit for this type of teaching style. 

Also today, I tried to jot down all of my students' names to see if I knew them all.  We are having Parent Night next Thursday and I will be mortified if one of my students runs up to me to introduce me to their parents and I have no idea what their first name is.  In case, you didn't know, I only teach Math this fall.  Instead of having just one class, I have four. My students names include:

Xavier, Jaslynn, Andy, Austin, Lance, Abby, Katelyn, Lauren, Eddie, Sean, Kylah, Jailene, Iris, Hallie, Marc, Erin, Garreth, Anna, Ethan, Matthew, Garrett, Tyler, Eve, Emaleigh, Paxton, Zack, Teddy, Jayda, Desiree, RJ, Casey, Corey, Heath, Becca, Megan, Samantha, Emily, Ethan, Eric, Ryan, Bryce, Robert, Gage, Areon, Nathan, Joseph, Daniel, Rachael, Lauren, Amy, Gillian, Kenzie, Callie, Hannah, Ailyn, Travis, Paul, Hannah, Mitchell, Matthew, Preston, Alex, Kat, Fallyn, Abida, Mackenna, Daniel, Matthew and Ryan.

I know I'm forgetting 6 names and it's driving me nuts who I am forgetting. 

They are funny.  My fourth graders.  It's so fun.  Teaching that is.  Everyday I get a joke told to me by Teddy from The Joke Book that he carries around, I have a hold my breath contest with Sean to see who can hold their breath longer, Abby tells me about her ballet classes, Paxton shows me his very best "monkey" face, Austin has a new idea of what he wants to be for Halloween... the list can go on an on because although it may look like a long list of names, each one of them have a unique personality that helps me the teacher learn their names faster.  I adore them.  They make life more fun.

No comments: