Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Blows...

Getting sick for teaching my ridiculous 4th graders.  A handful have been sneezing and blowing their noses since the beginning of school. Of course, none of that goes into consideration when they come at me with arms open for big hugs and passing pencils back and forth when I'm trying to explain a math method in a different way. And here I am with a running nose and sneezing constantly.  But it's okay.  I will just have an amazing immune system by the end of the year. 

P.S.  4th graders are scandalous.  One of my students made a "That's What She Said" comment during writing/spelling class.  No 9 year old should understand the connotation behind "that's what she said."

P.P.S.  One of my kids threw up today.  It was for a time one of my biggest fears about teaching.  Having one of my kids throw up in class. Luckily she grabbed the trash can just in time.  And ran down the hall with the trash can wrapped in her arms to the nurse.  The fear is now gone. Whew.  I'm should be called "FearLESS Miss Chambers." haha jk.  There still is a long list of questions slash events that I've afraid of a student asking me like...

1.  Why does my friend have two daddies/two mommies?
2.  One of my kids getting a huge gash in their arm and bleeding badly
3.  Where do you go when you die? (The only reason that I'm adding this question to my list is it is such a touchy subject to talk about in public schools.)

It's only been a week, but I have already learned so much about teaching especially with situations that I have never experienced before until now.  Everything that I have learned only makes me love what my future holds even more. 

  

No comments: