Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Addendum to Blog Post

I have realized that teaching children is where my career path is pointing 110%.  I absolutely love it.  I feel totally in my element when I'm standing in front of a class giving a lesson, reading a story to a group of kids and answering endless lists of questions.  There is nothing like having a light bulb finally go off in a student's head over something that they have never understood or if they lacked confidence in mastery it.  It doesn't matter how early I have to get to school to tutor a student, how much patience a student will test with me when they feel the need to be completely obnoxious or how long it takes for each of my students to be picked up in the carpool in over a hundred degree weather, it's absolutely worth it.  I wouldn't change a single thing about it.  

1 comment:

laura said...

i'm so happy for your claire! that's pretty cool that you already know for sure what you want to do with your life. i think you're the only one of us