Monday, August 4, 2008

Coming To a Close

I cannot believe it!!! It's August 4th!!! This summer has flown by more quickly than any other summer thus far. I don't know why though. Throughout my years of school, I have always stayed busy with summer school classes, jobs, camps, studying at different ballet schools, but this summer definitely tops the charts of the fastest summers yet!! It might be because it's the last summer before everyone has to be a grown up (unless you are an education major, then you will have summer for the rest of your lives. Sorry, I don't mean to brag, but it's one of the perks).

For the last few days, my aunt, cousin and her three boys have been staying at my house. It has been a whirlwind from the moment that there were running up the sidewalk up to our house until now! The boys are all under the age of 5. Andrew is going to kindergarten in the fall and Austin and Alex are 3. They are quite the characters. One is always screaming, one is always laughing hysterically and one is always getting into trouble. They tend to be the daredevils, always testing the limits to see what they can get away with. Growing up with a sister, I have never seen anything like it. Running around my front year in the nude and taking a whiz in the flowers, throwing toys over the banister to see if it crashes on the floor, tackling each other on the ground until one of them starts screaming just for the fun of it, aw man it's absolutely entertaining. I love it. Little boys are crazy!!

I have really enjoyed watching them explore around and try to figure things out how stuff works, listening to their questions, laughing at their comments, etc. It has definitely put what I have read in textbooks over the last three years about child development to use. On Saturday morning when I was getting ready for work, Andrew came into the bathroom and states "CLAIRE! My brothers keep playing with the electricity (aka. the cords in the wall that hook up with playstation) and won't stop it when I ask them!! :) Just imagine that for the last 4 days and you can maybe catch a glimpse of what I have been up to.

This weekend, we headed over to Hawaiian Falls, a waterpark made just for kids. They absolutely loved it, although the heat was a little too much for them (they are from Indiana where the high is in the upper 80's). The twins can't say "claire" so they call me "teacher" instead of calling my sister "grace," they call her "sassy." We have gone to the park, went to Sunday School, Gattitown, and just have been playing at the house. We have pulled out all of our old toys (aside from the countless barbie's and dolls Grace and I accumulated through the years) and our children's books. It has made me realize how much I love children and how I love the idea of teaching them!!!

On a random side note (I know, total surprise, but what do you expect?!) I am going to miss working at J Crew. I only work 10ish hours there each week, but it's such a blast!! I will definitely miss all of my metro co-worker boys that try to help me get my prep-style all in order. I cannot tell you how many times one of them will come up to me with something off the floor and make me go try it on in the dressing rooms because they think it will look cute on me. haha, and o yea, we have matching critter ties too. It's pretty rad. We should be J Crew models for sure.

2 comments:

Miss Chambers's Wisdom said...

the boys run around the my front "yard" haha not my front "year" haha

laura said...

haha. i love how you leave comments to yourself claire. you could just edit your post you know.

i'm glad you've had such a good summer! and i'm jealous you'll have summers for the rest of your life.

see you soon!