Thursday, August 7, 2008

Affogato Al Cafe

Last night, I went out with my life long friend, Kelsey. (On a side note, she is probably one of my favorite people ever. We've known each other since kindergarten, tell each other everything from the good to the bad, have similiar senses of humor...I think you get the idea). Anywho, we headed up to Legacy Town Center and had dinner at Nicola's, this sqanky Italian restaurant. While we were eating our Lasagnetta (most glorious thing ever), this guy in a suit comes up to our table and asks "Have you two ever eaten here before?" We were both in mid-chewing so Kelsey shakes her head "no" and I nodded "yes." He goes, "Well then, dessert is on me!" We were like "wow, thanks!" thinking that this was the manager of the restaurant by the way he was dressed and how he approached us. False. 5 minutes later, our waitress comes to our table and tells us that the man that was at our table earlier ordered these for us and has left! I got Affogato Al Cafe (vanilla bean gelato with a shot of expresso and cantucci almond cookies) and Kelsey got Profiteroles Alla Vanigilia (cream puffs filled with vanilla bean gelato and covered in Belgian chocolate). It was definitely the highlight of our night. We were cracking up, being approached by a guy where we are sitting there eating away and laughing at each other's stories. We don't even know what his name was. Maybe he thought we were hot and wanted to impress us. Who knows.

It was definitely a good time. After dinner, we met up with our friend, Daniel. He ordered us mojitos and we chilled at Twenty Two for a bit to people watch. Have you ever sat somewhere for a period of time and just people watched? It definitely has to be one of my favorite past times because people are hilarious.

Overall, the night was excellent. Good food, free desserts and drinks, great conversation. My favorite quote of the night would have to be this. We were talking about girls's names and which was ones were more common than others. Kelsey had decided that her name was just not original anymore and wants to change it. (okay, Kelsey has wanted to change her name since 6th grade and has yet to change it. I think her name suits her). I told Kelsey and Daniel how I know a handful of Claire's and Kelsey goes:

"Wait, I think I only know one Claire and that's you!" pause "Wait, the girl on my fake id was named Claire. I know two Claire's. You and random girl from Oklahoma that I impersonated for 6 months." haha

I love being a girl. It's so fun.

No comments: