Friday, August 8, 2008

Waiting On The World To Change

It's Friday at the title company. wahooo!!! It's been one heck of a week here in the title world. Lots of stress, turmoil, uncertainty and unexpected situations have been floating around the office. But the wonderful part is that it's Friday and it's raining. I absolutely love the rain. It's so peaceful. I'm also listening to John Mayer. Two key ingredients on the start of a wonderful day.

I don't know how yall's family households are run, but somehow I am always the last one to find out some big news that everyone else knows about. My dad has decided that he needs a career change. He is the Senior Account Manager at Verizon where he has worked for as long as I can remember. A friend of his works at Cisco Systems, one of the largest accounts in the country for financial regulation. Last night, he was working on his resume and was running it by my mom and I for grammatical errors.

The resume is stellar (he has been in the finance world for over 30 years and has held many job positions) but he didn't have anything that popped. I told him that he needed to have a section on his resume underneath where he got his undergrad degree and masters and write out his interests. Because right now he looks so vanilla on paper and the man is far from it. He is so completely diverse. He loves the outdoors, camping, organic foods (he's kind of a hippie), but on another note, he loves to golf, wears seersucker shorts and enjoys watching college sports (more fratty). He is brilliant, one of those people that you tell/teach him something once and he remembers it for life. (Who Dad remembers ballet terminology?). Loves history, literature and spending time with his family. Above everything else, he is hilarious. One of the sharpest, wittiest people ever. His dry sense of humor makes life more fun.

My dad told me that people who are 54 don't add interests. But you know what? Men who are 54 should not wear Volcrom shorts and you know what? He does. So I don't what would hurt to put a few things of interest on his resume. It will make the interview go more smoothly.

I know, this post is a total shout out to my Dad, but I don't care. I love him. He's the best.

1 comment:

laura said...

sounds like you should go to his interviews for him. you would be a good spokeswoman for you dad