Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting Through The Growing Pains

Happy 2009!!

I cannot believe it's 2009. I'm still in a state of shock. I remember being a senior in high school and saying, "Yes, I DO know where I'm going. Baylor University, class of 2009!" And here we are, in the last semester of college. I can't believe it and I don't think I will ever be able to believe it.

I'm heading down to Waco on Friday. My little sister, Grace, is transferring to the best place on Earth that day and has transfer orientation so I'm going down to help her move into Collins. (Yes, she will be a Collins girl. Let's see how she does, eh?)

I've applied for Certification over the break and got fingerprinted as well. I've been working on job applications for Plano, Frisco, Richardson and Highland Park. It's so surreal though. It's definitely exciting because I'm getting closer to achieving one of my dreams but also it's closing a chapter of my life that I have loved so much and beginning the next.

I've also began working on my Teacher Work Sample. It's a project that as Education majors we have to turn in and get a particular grade on it before we graduate. If the graders do not believe that we have earned the grade that is needed to pass, we have to write another one. Lame, I know.

There are 7 steps to the entire project.

1. Contextual Information and Learning Environment Adaptations. Here, I need to explain relevant factors nad how they may affect the teaching-learning process. Include any supports and challenges that affect instruction and student learning (ie. gender, achievement level, racial backgrounds, etc.).
2. Unit Learning Goals and Objectives-listing the learning goals (which are TEKS, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) that will guide planning, delivery, and assessment of my unit. Objectives for each goals, types/levels of goals, how they are appropriate with pre-requiste knowledge, skills and other student's needs.
3. Assessment Plan/Rubric
4. Instructional Design and Implementation
5. Instructional Decision-Making
6. Analysis of Learning Results
7. Reflection and Self-Evaluation



And they say education is the least amount of work when it comes to majors. Bahahahahaaha

No comments: