Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quarter Life Crisis

I stole my title from Laura's blog. I hope she doesn't mind but I feel that it's absolutely fitting for life right now.

These last few days, it has been total chaos at 1321, 1106 and all over Waco. Moving out is no fun. It's hard enough saying good bye to people that you are used to seeing on a daily basis and don't know the next time that you will see them but then add packing/cleaning/fixing/packing/dusting/scrubbing to the mix and it is a recipe for a stressful diseaster.

Yesterday, I went to the Emergency Room. I woke up with horrible lower back and groin pain. Rachael and Laura took me to the ER while I laid down in the back of the car. I found out that I have a kidney stone and a kidney infection. Although we spent the majority of the day there, it was nice to finally just stop my crazy life even though I felt terrible. I kept asking the nurses for drugs thinking to myself that there is no way that I will have a natural child birth. But it was good to sit with Laura and her momma. (We actually went a week ago with Laura. The nurses recognized us and everything).

I had my first day of training at the YMCA today. I'm going to be a Speciality Camp Counselor which is going to be so fun. I get to teach curriculum based camp classes to kids. I met some of the people that I'm going to be working with today and I'm totally stoked. Plus the fact that I get to sing songs, dance and play with kids makes it wonderful.

Now to continue my search for a teaching job. This task is more challenging. Super economy and super swine flu.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I've been keeping up with you through Laura.
Glad you were able to get on with your life after that momentous Monday!

ChristyDelaine said...

Oh Claire, I had no idea about your hospital trip-- Im a little out of the loop, but I love keeping up with you through your joyous blog!