Friday, May 1, 2009

Bite My Bait


I'm at Cedar Creek Lake right now in Gun Barrel City (population a little over 1500 people).  It makes me want to save all my earnings to buy a lake house one day.  I love being at the lake and being outside.

I've been continuing searching for teaching opportunities.  I think I could actually fill Cedar Creek Lake with a fishing pole for each principal I have sent my cover letter/resume to, applications I have filled out, job fairs attended and visiting elementary schools with scarce signs of fish biting my bait.  I promise, though, it's excellent bait.  Probably the best bait you could ever come across.  It's just a matter of trusting your instincts to hire a fresh teacher straight out of college.

I do have a little bit of promising good news.  I have two jobs lined up for this summer.  I'm perfecting my tie tying abilities to gain my J Crew rock star status once again at Northpark Mall.  I'm also going to be a day camp counselor in the Speciality Camp at the YMCA at the Russell Creek location.  Speciality Camp is where I will teach lessons on different areas of interest for kids from ages 6-12.  The areas that I will be teaching are art, culinary, science/space, forensic science and wilderness survival.  It seems like the perfect fit.  I get to work with kids and be preppy too.  Life couldn't be more perfect.

Unless I had a teaching job lined up too.  Then life would be perfect.





1 comment:

Nancy said...

I hope you've had a great weekend!

I'm still praying for you to get just the right teaching job!