Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Insert Witty and Totally Awesome Title Here

Hello!

Hope everyone's Dead Days are going splendid. Splendid might not be the word that you would choose to describe your days of grueling work and reading chapter after chapter in your textbooks but you are almost done and Christmas is almost here!

I came into Dallas on Sunday morning for a shift at 11. Apparently anyone who is a die heart Northpark shopper doesn't go to church on Sunday because I struggled with finding a parking spot. On a Sunday morning! Isn't that insane? J Crew was filled with woman carrying cashmere scarfs and cable sweaters when I walked in. It was a fun shift. Filled with my co-workers's hilarious life stories that make you fall to the floor laughing.

This week, I've actually gotten a chunk of hours from J Crew which is wonderful because I honestly don't know what I would be doing with myself otherwise. There was a rollout on Sunday night which means that you have a shift from 9pm till 9am. During this time, you take everything off the floor so it can be shipped out to the outlet mall, unbox everything that has come in that day and put it on the floor by following the pictures that the headquarters in New York City has sent us. It's fun. I've done it once when we got our new Fall collection in.

I'm a full blown J Crew associate these days. Meaning I can tackle the woman's dressing room with ease by putting everything back on the floor where it belongs, I can help the damsel in distress purchasers in the back of the store when they come in solely to buy new pants because their trousers have huge holes in them, the cashier no longer is a threat towards me because I have had a crash course lesson on the ins and outs of giftcards, credit card purchases, how to use Northpark gold, do returns, send out packages in the mail, have gift receipts for multiple gifts...I'm basically unstoppable. Who knows, maybe J Crew wants me to become a manager and then one day move up to New York City to be a buyer.

On a better note, I am receiving the greatest gift for Christmas. My little sister, Grace, is going to be attending Baylor next Spring. She is transfering from her school in Mississippi and coming to live in Waco. I'm so incredibly excited. It will be the perfect end to my four years here in one of my favorite places on Earth.

Okay, that's about it. O yea, somehow Grace and I will have ESP moments because she called me a few days ago to ask if I had found the Beyonce video online for "Put a Ring on It" because she has been practicing the dance in her dorm room. Sound familiar? haha.

1 comment:

laura said...

I am impressed by your J Crew skills. If you get tired of kids, you always have that