Monday, December 1, 2008

Rounding to the Last Lap

Hello Readers (Man, I still hope there are some readers out there because I do enjoy being read about. I should have finished living the dream of being famous).

I'm sitting in Plano right now. Unlike the rest of my fellow Senior Friends, I have just one more test to take (this Thursday in ESL) and then I'm home free. So I really didn't have anything to run back to Waco to do. It's so strange being done with teaching. I woke up this morning at 8:45 thinking omgosh, 1st period is almost over and I'm still in bed. Wait, I don't have to be at school. I'm still insync with the schedule that I lived Monday-Friday this semester so it's going to take some adjusting.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. My family and I (including our golden retriever, Spencer) participated in the Turkey Trot. I think Spencer had the most fun out of any of us. We then came home and had Thanksgiving at our house. On Friday, I worked at J Crew for the infamous Black Friday. It was insane. I have never seen so many people in one place before in my life. You would have thought that we were handing out cashmere cardigans for free.

During Winter Break, I am going to continuing my rockstar status at J Crew. I really enjoy working there. It might be the fact that I get to straighten clothes all day. Or help ridiculously good looking boys in thick rhimmed glasses, argyle sweaters and scruffy faces or the fact that my male co-workers insist that we play "dress up" during our shifts meaning that they pick out clothes that they think are cute (both guys and girls because everyone knows I love guy clothes. alot) and then I run into a dressing room, throw it on, and model it for a while for customers. It's fun.

O yea, we have headsets now at J Crew. They are neat-ish. I wore one today while I was working and looked ridiculous. I would be talking to someone and all of the sudden, someone was screaming into my headset about some shenanigan going on. O zang.

And I absolutely love how cold it is outside. It's wonderful.

No comments: