Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis the Season to Be Sensational

It's Christmas on Thursday and I can harely believe it. It feels like yesterday when I was turning 21 and I was a running around as Raphael (TMNT, duh).

This Christmas break has been going splendid. In ways, I thought it was going to be a little bit of a drag because I finished school/classes on November 25th (okay, technically I had one more day to take an ESL final, but I don't really count that) so for the total, I will have 7 weeks off for Christmas! INSANE, I know. But surprisely, it hasn't been slow at all!

I have been living in my favorite store for the majority of the time working and being prep. I have mentioned them before, but I do love my c0-workers. They are absolutely hilarious. It's not every day when you get to dance to "All My Single Ladies" with a bunch of boys while we are supposed to be folding our chinos correctly and put tissue in our neatly folded cashmere sweaters. Those boys have some moves.

Christopher, from the CREW, is going to teach hip hop classes sometime over the break and wants me to come in and teach a master ballet class. How fun would that be? Cody is coming too, to take a class from his fav "firecracker teacher." That's my nickname at J CREW. Firecracker.

Seeing old friends from high school has been great too. Fran is exactly the same. Such a sweet heart. Stephen and Fran are still best friends and get soo excited to see each other when I bring Fran as a surprise when we all go out. Stephen is notorious for remembering facts about my life that I don't even remember happening. (We met in Sunday School when my mom was our teacher. He's one of my friends that sat through Nutcrackers, recitals and DCF performances growing up.) Kelsey is more hilarious than ever. Love her. Who would have thought the kid that I sat next to in my 3rd grade class would be one of my best friends? Funny how life is. And o yes, she wants to move back to Dallas after we graduate (she's an interior design major at OU).

I've put it off long enough but I'm beginning to dive into the search of elementary schools around the metroplex. It's scary, not going to lie. I truly feel like I am playing "grown up." I've also been apartment looking. My mom and dad loaded up Grace and me and we went down memory lane with them to their first apartment (they met and lived in Dallas right when they got married). My mom was crying saying "o Tom, let's be young again! Oh, how I wish we were still in our 20's," while my dad is pointing out his favorite places to eat and hang out. My mom on the other hand was telling me where she had to sell her first car (behind some dumpster) and where she and my dad went on dates. They were cute. But it's not that surprisely, they are still pretty adorable. It's so funny to think how opposite they are. My mom was a buyer for woman's bags that she sold in Italy in her impecable fashion trends, full of sass and wit while my dad wore thick rimmed glasses, birkenstocks and made his own yogurt and juice in his apartment and took off weeks at a time in the summer go hike and camp. They are fun.

O yea, since I have been home, Dad and I have been on a search for decent icecream places here in Dallas. We have discovered a Ben and Jerry's place in Plano. Sadly, though, they don't have Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your dad sounds like my kind of guy. hope i meet them soon. and last night was real fun.