Thursday, July 10, 2008

3 Meanings of Shag

My mom is telling everyone to "shag" today at work. We tried to explain to her that shag meant sex but she denied it so she has looked it up on google for the definition. This is what she found.

Shag
1. rough, matted hair. (ex. A Shagged Dog)
2. To dance a step a vigorous hopping on each foot (my mom's response. "Claire! You know how to shag!! I've seen you do it before.) not awkward in any shape or form, eh?
3. To chase or follow after (My mom told us that we need to shag for our clients. I personally think she lucked out).
4. To engage in sexual intercourse with.

I then explained to my mom how Shag might be like a homaphone. She had never heard of a homaphone so she looked it up. Her next response was "I'm so glad that you have learned at least one thing while you were at Baylor"

Speaking of Baylor, I finished up with summer school on Tuesday. Try to wrap your mind around this next idea. I have no more class, ever. All I have next year is my internship. I will never have to walk to class on Baylor campus again. I won't be there to have lunch at the SUB. I won't have finals. Or midterms. Won't need Blackboard. Isn't that crazy? I still can't believe it. I only have one more year to go.

O yea, but back to why my mom wants to shag. I'm back in Dallas, working at the title company. Everyone is ridiculous here. They are all chopping on gum so they won't be attempted to eat from the candy dishes around, but my take is: if you want the candy, eat it! haha, nobody is following my advice though. Everyone is on a "diet" at the moment. Lame.

No comments: