Monday, July 28, 2008

Surprises in the ordinary life

I can't wait till next week. I know it's only Monday, but next weekend is going to be glorious. John Mayer + roommates = perfection. A bunch of us are heading out to see one of our favorite rockstars. It's going to be sweet.

J Crew is launching their new store tomorrow. It's going to be preptastic. On Friday, I skinny folded for 5 hours, making sure all of the piles were crisp and ready.

Also, my aunt, cousin and her three boys (all under the age of 5) are coming to Dallas for a long weekend. My dad has gotten way into planning activities for the kids. He was the youngest of three boys so he has this notion that he knows how to entertain boys, rather than girls. He has set up a craft table in our computer/game room for them filled with crayons, markers, play doh and coloring books. He has pulled out all of the children's book from my closet to read to them. It's pretty adorable. He loves kids.

I'm at work right, Capital Title that is. It's kinda slow. Nothing too exciting is happening. Although, I have a least a day's worth of ridiculous stories to tell you (the reader who happens to read this every now and then) about situations in the office. After this summer, I can attest that the office that I'm working at would be more entertaining than Michael Scott's. I know that's an extremely bold statement, but it's true.

Grace is leaving for college soon. It's so weird to think she is about to begin the next big chapter in her life. I still feel like she is a freshman in college studying the little manual in order to pass her permit test. She is going to study Nursing at Mississippi College. She is going to have a blast. I'm so excited to watch her grow and learn about herself in these next four years. I just hope she doesn't forget about her ridiculous sister back in waco. :(

1 comment:

laura said...

what are you talking about NEXT week? john mayer is THIS FRIDAY. that's this week. woot! see you soon1