Thursday, July 24, 2008

Attempting to Keep My Sanity

Hello!

I actually have no idea who reads these wonderful entries about my adventures, but they are fun to write so I'm going to continue writing them.

Last weekend, my girls from high school and I headed up to Gilley's to two step our hearts out. McCracken and Matt came along for the ride. McCracken danced with each of us because we had no boys to dance with for the first part. I was told that I dance "too stiff" and I can't lead when I'm dancing with a boy. Rude. Jon came up later and we tore up the dance floor. Jon was almost offended when I asked if he knew how to dance. "Kid, I went to Tech. Of course I know how to two step." It was wonderful, we were definitely the preppiest people out there. Me in a buttondown and jeans and Jon in a burberry polo and topsiders, definitely a sight to see among the men in their wrangler jeans and pearl snap shirts. Jon's my fav. dancer slash above the music you could hear our laughter because it's endless when the two of us are together.

J Crew is opening a new store at the Galleria. Super exciting, it opens July 30th (i think). Last night, me and 40 other employees went to work at the new store. The first shipment of clothes came last night at nine so my crew and I were down in the garage where the truck was, unloading the 600+ boxes that came. One group was then to take the boxes on dolly's up the elevator to the 3rd floor, but to our disadvantage, the elevator was broken so kids were running up the flights of stairs with boxes. The third group of kids were in the store opening up boxes and seeing where to sort everything. When the boxes were up in the store, we started opening them up and jcrew folding the jeans, chinos, polos, buttondowns, etc. It was like Christmas. glorious.

My metro boys at jcrew have decided that I'm going to be their mini project of fashion on what i should be rockin' on baylor campus when I come back in the fall. Better watch out, it's going to be smokin' hot in jcrew gallore.

By Friday, I am going to have banked in 64 hours of work, between Capital Title and J Crew. I know, sounds totally insane. J Crew is so fun. A bunch of people in their 20's hanging out and getting paid to help me prepify themselves? Glorious. And Capital Title. Man, if you have a chance, I can tell you the stories gallore behind the scences of CT. It is scandalous with a capital S.

No comments: