Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Being completely ridiculous

I decided that about 18 years ago when I was onstage at my first recital wearing my hotpink tutu, tap shoes, and hot pink bow to match.

I'm at the title company right now, counting down the second until 5pm when I will be released to go outside and get away from my white walled office. I've been listening to Tristan Prettyman all afternoon. She's pretty rad. I have a crush.

I have been researching schools all over the Dallas.Fort Worth area. I'm looked into PISD, DISD, FISD, RISD and MISD. All of them sound great, everyone seems to be on the search for teachers. I'm getting my ESL Certification and in a few of these school districts, they will give you an additional bonus just to teach in the bilingual classroom! Score! I've also looked into some private school in Dallas. There are some really neat ones out there. I think it would be neat to teach in both types of environments. The best part of private school teaching is that in some of them, if you teach there for a handful of years, they will help you pay for grad school. I would love to be a elementary school counselor or a principal one day. I also want to write a children's book too. Anyone have any suggestions on what to write about? It has to be Newberry Award Worthy.

What else...O YES! I'm going to audition for After Dark. It's something that I have talked about doing since freshman year and what the heck, I'm going to do it. Dancing of course. I have already mapped out in my head the choregraphy that I'm going to use. Another random and crazy notion, I want to audition for So You Think You Can Dance when they come to August. I mean, seriously, what do you have to lose? They tell you that you suck at dancing and should never consider doing it as a career? Lame, I've been told many a "compliment" back in the day when I was hardcore. You just have to be a tough cookie, take it as it comes and don't let it get to you.

And back to the title, I'm more ridiculous than ever. I've got everyone laughing whenever I saw something funny at the office. It's fun. I never thought of myself as a funny person. Apparently I am. One more thing to add to the resume. "What is something unique about yourself?" Answer: I bring laughter out of people when they least expect."

No comments: