Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Holla Waco.

So I've decided that I should begin working on my New Zealand project that is due a week from Thursday.  But I'm an profound procrastinator so I'm updating my blog instead.  

So this summer, I've been reminiscing over all of the wonderful memories from college.  It's finally starting to hit me how in just less than a year, I will be more than likely working in an elementary school. O M G!!!!! I'm not ready to leave college.  I absolutely love Baylor. Every aspect about it.  I love my friends, I love my roommates, I love how beautiful Baylor is at night, I love all of the hole in the wall restaurants in Waco, I love how small Waco is in the fact that you are more than likely to see someone you know wherever you go, I love going to the movies and the tickets only being $5, I love the HEB on wooded acres, I love SING, I love Baylor sports, I love the bears, I love Draper/LRC.  I could keep on going but it would take a lifetime to describe all my favorite things about Baylor.

With that being sad, a new chapter is about to begin. Post college. Now, the majority of me is saying "go teach in the Dallas area at an elementary school." But part of me also wants to go live abroad for a year and go teach English in a country like Thailand.  I still want to go abroad and experience life in a new lens.  I also want to teach in a developing nation.  Somewhere maybe in Central America.  Shoot, even a part of me wants to drop everything about education and go work in New York City in the corporate department for J Crew.  I also would love to do Teach for America.

I wish God would just shoot me an e-mail on what I'm supposed to do with my life.  A text message would even be great. 

I would love to hear yall's thoughts and commentary on this.  And if you are a senior at Baylor who is reading this, I know you are going through all of these same thoughts too, even if you are admitting it or not.

3 comments:

laura said...

There's still a whole year left! Stop stressin! You can think about it, but you can't stress. i won't allow it.

If I were you I want to do a travel-ly education thing, like Thailand or something. When else can you just pick up and leave like that? Do it!

Josh said...

Now I miss Waco!

ChristyDelaine said...

Claire, Im also thinking about teaching in Thailand. we should so do it!