Sunday, June 29, 2008

Words Cannot Even Begin To Describe...

Last weekend. Glorious.  I can't even begin to place in words the incredibleness of it.  But here I am, attempting to write a blog about it so here goes.

Friday, I went Dallas to go to the Symphony at Meyerson Hall in Dallas.  It was beautiful.  The concert was filled with pieces from Chopin, Strauss and Tchaikosky.  And plus, it was also a chance to get dressed up and be all girly.  And if you know me, I'm a big fan of wearing a dress and walking around in high heels. 

Saturday morning I went to Plano and ran up to Stonebriar Mall with Mom, Dad and Grace.  We parked at Nordstrom's and my favorite shoe salesman was working that day: Matt Leonardo.  His face lit up when we came in.  Actually I bet we looked super awkward.  An entire family going together on a shopping expedition.  Ridiculous.  But it was good to see Matt.  Also, I got to use my discount at J Crew (50% off, holla) so that was pretty sweet too. 

After I left Stonebriar, I loaded my car up and drove up to Northpark to met up with Rachael, Tinsley and Laura.  We shopped around there for a bit, then headed to a vegetarian restaurant downtown Dallas.  We then went to Rachael's to get ready to go to Billy Bob's in Fort Worth.  When we hit the road to go to Fort Worth, it started to rain so we freaked out about our hair that we have spent working on at Rachael's.  But no worries, that's where umbrellas came in handy.  We got to Fort Worth, parked our cars at Stephen's (Stephen is one of my best friends that I grew up with that goes to TCU and let us crash at his house) and took Rachael's car to Billy Bob's.  We got a bit lost, but no worries.  We got to Billy Bob's just in time to see Hootie and the Blowfish.  

Billy Bob's was a blast! We danced and sang at the top of our lungs the majority of the time.  I don't care what people say.  Hootie and his Blowfish are a pretty rad band.  After we left Billy Bob's, I called Stephen and we met up with him and his friends at one of their apartments.  Hung out there for awhile and then went to Fuzzy's and got the most glorious nachos ever at 2:30 in the morning.  

I crashed at the end of Stephen's bed around 4 while Laura and Tinsley slept at the top.  We woke up around 11, got dressed, and headed out to get back to Waco.  Stephen was out cold on the couch so it was kinda awkward trying to wake him up and tell him that we were leaving.  I don't think he was too thrilled about a bunch of girls waking him up.  I thought that would be every guys fantasy though.  Maybe Stephen is one of those exceptions.  On the way out, when I was trying to close the door, I accidentally took out the door knob. haha, so I had to come back in and be like "stephen, I think I broke the door." haha, we ran up to Yogi's and had a wonderful breakfast of whole grain pancakes with bananas.  O yea, while we were at breakfast, Stephen called to give me directions from the breakfast back home to Waco.  This is why he is one of my best friends.  He knows that I am directionally challenged and is also ready to explain directions without the words north, east, south or west and just tells me left, right, straight and landmarks. 

The drive back to Waco was fun.  Tins and I sang at the top of our lungs to Christina.  All in all, it was the best weekend of the summer.  This post doesn't even begin to do justice.  A few random thoughts I want to add.

1.  Tinsley slapped a guy on the butt at Billy Bob's.
2.  I never got carded throughout the entire weekend.
3.  I never had to buy any of my drinks during the entire weekend. Score! 
4.  It's so fun to dance with complete strangers and have them tell you that "you guys are totally awesome!!!!"
5.  I love getting lost with my roommates.
6. I've never been so happy.

1 comment:

laura said...

i'm glad i got to be apart of the best weekend of your summer. it was up there for me. and then summer is barely halfway done! there are many more weekends ahead