Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summertime girls have it going on...

It's Thursday. Whew. Crazy that tomorrow is Friday.  I'm going back to Dallas tomorrow to go work at the CREW.  A bunch of girls are going to road trip to Dallas to come visit me in my rockstar life.  Now, I should warn you, if you are considering to visit me at work, embrace yourself.  It's pretty ridiculous.  I'm always laughing, helping a customer and finding out some fun fact about them like they are a graduate from Baylor, risking my life in the shoe closet when I decide to climb the shelf to find a pair of stelletos instead of using the ladder, hearing a life story from one of my favorite co-workers, accidentally hanging up on a customer who is calling from another store, and frantically running around with a handful of clothes in my arms and trying to put them back neatly on the floor.

O PS! A week or so ago when I was working, I was knocking on doors in the dressing room area to see if people were in there.  I knocked on this one door and the person inside knocked back! haha, it was so hilarious.  Instead of saying "yes, i'm in here," they just knocked.  I almost went "who's there" and expect a joke.  Sadly, I didn't hear a punch line.

O fun thought.  Today I was at the SLC working out (aka. preparing for the triathalon that I've told many people about doing) and I was looking around at all of the people who were in there with me.  I was in there at 9am this morning and you know what? It takes dedication to get in there that early in the morning to get your workout in.  And then I thought, idea! What if instead of teaching, I could be a physical trainer of some sort and help people become healthy? I always worry about people who don't take care of themselves at a young age and unintentionally don't know what they are doing to their bodies now.   Wouldn't that be neat? It would also help me maintain a healthy life style so it's a win win situation. perfection.

1 comment:

laura said...

while i see the value in embracing oneself, i believe the term is "brace yourself." i'll embrace YOU though. anyday.