Thursday, June 5, 2008

Waco is a wonderful place

Hello Friends!

Right now, I'm sitting at the table that we talked Jenny into letting us keep in our apartment for awhile. It's the cutest table ever.  It fits perfectly in our kitchen.  Tins and I like to eat meals here and people watch outside.  It's just Tins and I living in the apartment for the month.  No worries though, Laura, Molly, Melissa, and Jenny come and visit often.  Molly and Marv moved the kitchen table out a few days ago.  Not going to lie.  It was sad.  There are SO many wonderful memories that go along with that table.  It was like a little part of the apartment was moving out and then it hit me, o my gosh.  We are ALL going to be moving out of this apartment in a year.  I'm not such if I'm ready for the next chapter in my life.  I'm pretty much in love with the book right now called college.  It's such a page turner.  There is constantly surprises, "o my gosh!" moments, laughs, tears, the whole thing.  It could definitely be a best seller.

I'm taking summer school. Geography 1301.  Here's a crazy notion. This class is my second to last class ever to take at Baylor. Next year, I am solely doing an internship for the entire year.  Instead of going to class like a regular bear, I am going to be teaching everyday at an elementary school.  I will do bus duties, lunch duties, parent teacher conferences, the whole shebang. It's pretty neat.  It's like I will be a real "Miss Chambers." Neat.  O but the other class that I'm going to be taking next fall is my ESL certification.  Apparently, it looks really stellar on the resume and in some school districts, there are in high demand for the ESL teachers so I could be hired quickly.  

Jenny, Tinsel and I are supposed to begin training for our triathlon.  I've been going to the gym everyday since I have been here and have been doing random things but I don't know if I'm doing any of the "right" things in order to prepare. Haha, I should probably get on that. 

2 comments:

laura said...

Waco is cool. I'm glad you appreciate it. It appreciates you.

And don't morn the death of college yet. We have the rest of our lives for that! Just enjoy it while we can.

ChristyDelaine said...

Claire! I just read all your blog posts because I didn't know they existed until today! I love it and I love that you like Waco...its a good place!